Highlights of Dr. Paresh Doshi’s Career
In charge of the Stereotactic Biopsy and Functional Neurosurgery program at Jaslok Hospital established since 1999. This is the only dedicated and comprehensive Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgical program in India. Extensive training in the field of Stereotaxy and Functional Neurosurgery at the most premiere centers in England for a period of four years. These includes the National hospital for neurology and neurosurgery, Queen square London, Maudsley and King’s college hospital, London and Newcastle General hospital. Further exposure and experience of specific Movement Disorder surgeries in USA Netherlands, Sweden, France and Austria.
Invited as CME speaker to talk on Functional Neurosurgery at the prestigious meetings of Neurological Society of India (NSI) in 1996, 2001 and 2004; Indian Academy of Neurology (2002); World society of stereotactic and functional neurosurgery, Toronto, 2011, Asian society of Stereotactic, Functional and computer assisted neurosurgery (Beijing, 2000, Taiwan 2004, Japan 2006, Hong Kong 2009 and Taiwan 2011); Asian and Pacific Parkinson’s disease surgery association meeting in Hong Kong (2001) and Indian society of Stereotactic and Functional Neurosurgery (1999, 2000, 01,03 & 04,06,08,09,10,11), Congress of Neurological surgeon, USA (2009)
Conducted workshops in Stereotaxy surgery and Movement disorders in 1993 (London, England), 2001 (Mumbai, India) and 2001 (Indore, India).
Dr. Paresh K. Doshi, M.S., M.Ch.(Bombay)
Consultant Neurosurgeon – In-charge of Functional and Stereotactic Neurosurgery Jaslok Hospital & Research Centre.
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone : +91–22–6657 3185
Fax : +91–22–2352 0508
Awards and Achievements
- Young achiever’s award- Indo-American society Mumbai, 2002
- Top five medical specialists of Mumbai – Times of India group, 2005
- Best Neurosurgeon and neurosciences department- CNN IBN group, 2012
- Excellence in Neurosciences- Medscape India award, 2012
- First DBS Surgery
- First STN Lesioning
- Dual Pacemaker Surgery
- Operating on the Oldest PD Patient
- Occipital Nerve Stimulation
- Stem Cells Treatment
- 350+ DBS Surgeries and 5000+ Patient Experience
- Over 550 Stereotactic surgeries, including 22 brainstem procedures.
- Introduced the technique of stereotactic evacuation of intracerebral hematoma in Mumbai
- We have performed more than 300 movement disorders surgeries. This number is one of the largest in Asia and ranks very high among the leading centers in this field across the globe.
- Largest numbers 250 of Deep Brain Stimulation surgeries have also been performed at our center.
- We have also performed all varieties of Epilepsy surgery in India including Lobectomies, Awake craniotomies, corpus callosotomy and lesionectomy.
- The spasticity program has been launched in 2004.
- Psychiatric Disorder surgery program started in 2009.
Research and Training
- We have completed research project to evaluate the outcome of movement disorder surgery and to develop newer surgical targets for treatment of movement disorders – Funding of $40000 – Project status : Completed.
- Evaluation of the role of Autologous MesenchymalStemcell therapy for patients with Advanced Parkinson’s Disease – Funding of $140000 – Project status : Completed.
- Evaluate Hardware and Surgical Complications of Deep Brain Stimulation Surgery in India – Funding of $25000 – Project status :Completed.
- To study and identify the most effective targeting protocol for Subthalamic nucleus stimulation – Funding of $35000 – Project status :Completed.
- Fellowship Training program in Functional Neurosurgery. Four neurosurgeons have been now trained by our unit and are independently performing functional neurosurgeries.